Saturday, August 15, 2009

Illarion!

Illarion
http://illarion.org/general/us_startpage.php

Ok, quite frankly I had a hard time with this game. Great (kinda) start, right? Illarion is an mmorpg that really focuses on... role playing. All the players on their are have fantasy-oriented names, and talk in fantasy oriented ways. Do you want to be a bartender? Ok! Let us sit around the crackling fire, sipping ale, and reminiscing about the days of the war... Oh forget it. As far as I have seen there are 17 people online. Grreeaaatttt. Plus, how do you expect to keep people under control, and actually have names like Arator, and speak like, "Hail, fellow friend!" You be more likely to see "Hay guyz wh3re r teh g1rlz?"- And then see them get banned from the dictatorship of "THY SHALL TALKTH IN A MEDIVIEL MANNERTHTHTH". Yeah. I think I saw one guy in my days with that game. The tutorial was quite nice, as it showed you how to play the game. Arrow keys to more, and you actually type hello to talk to npcs- quite nice to see something like that in -newer- games like this. You could optionally take training for the many skills- carpentry, mining, tailoring, to name a small few. To me, it does not seem worth the time, as gathering the supplies might prove too hard and repetitive for your liking. Also... the combat sucks- well, because it wasn't made for combat- it was made for role playing. With 17 people. Oh yes.


All in all... if you like role playing... with 17 people... and overarching admins that will ban you at hi, then... this game is still not for you. Unless you like being dropped into a world with absolutely no path to follow... well I guess this game is for you. I couldn't even find how to get to level 10! Wait... are there even levels?!

Like uh... 6/20?

No comments:

Post a Comment